So I’ve been working on my next pair of socks. I haven’t taken any progress photos, but here is the first sock of the pair so far.
I’m using a variaged wool, It’s pooling in an interesting way, but I don’t mind it.
Because the wool was plainer I wanted to try something more adventurous as far as pattern, but after looking at a number of sock patterns I decided to go for a ribbing and save the fancier socks for when I’m more confident.
I did try something a little with the afterthought heel in that I knitted it like the toe (from the point of the heel down) and inserted it as I went. Not sure how it’s worked out but I’ll see how it goes. It did mean I didn’t have to pick up stitches which was a big plus.